Thursday 26 June 2008

CLIC Sargent in Inverness


At last, a lie-in, well, at least until 8.00 am.


The highlight of our day was taking out a really great bunch of kids from CLIC Sargent. None of them had been on a racing powerboat and we took them off for a spin in the basin in Inverness. They were amazing and 8 year old Sarah (Front row, second from left) had undergone surgery only 2 days ago - what a plucky kid. A very humbling experience for Miranda and I who have 7 children between us. BBC Scotland were filmed us and hopefully we got lots of publicity for the charity. If you want to donate, you can online at www.justgiving.com/sarahfraser




3 comments:

RuthB said...

Hi Sarah and Miranda!

We all had a ball yesterday in Inverness and loved you and your lovely boat. I'm not so sure about my pink lifejacket but I suppose I have to be in touch with my feminine side!

Went to see you off this morning at Kessock Bridge but you were all very spread out. Still it got Matthew and Christopher out of a bit of school, so they were happy.

Try and get more sleep tonight maybe, although I don't suppose there's much dropping of at the wheel...

You're doing great stuff for CLIC Sargent, those ripples are getting bigger!

Go Team Scorpion-Dubois Go!!!

Peter

Stace. said...

Hey Guys !!

Its Stace here
One Of The Crazy Kids =] !! xD

Your Doing So Ace Job!!
Im Glad To See two People So Passionate About What Their Doing!!

CLICSargent Im Sure Thanks you Loads For What Your Doing
and So Do I !!

Had So Much Fun Out In The Boat Thanks For A Great Day!!

Lets Keep Raisin For CLICSargent!!

GO TEAM SCORPION-DUBOIS GO!!!!

Stace

xxx<3

Sarah Fraser said...

Hi Stace

Thanks so much for your comment and support. It was great to meet you and all the other CLIC Sargent kids in Inverness and I'm really pleased you enjoyed coming out on the boat. Sorry we couldn't go very fast!

I can't believe the race is over as it was only 5 days ago we were in Inverness! We had a great run back South and were 12th overall out of 48 boats which, for us, is an amazing achievement.

We did a mailshot to all our competitors and I'm really pleased that our fundraising looks as though we have now raised over £15,000.00 for CLIC Sargent. I hope more will come in for the charity in the next couple of weeks.

If you are ever "down South", please get in touch. I'll certainly take you out in the boat for a speedy trip then!

Lots of love
Sarah